Serb deputy PM Aleksandar Vucic said he expects the opening of the aircraft components factory - a joint project with
The factory, which will be located in the northern city of Pancevo, will sell its products worth
Mubadala and the Serb government signed in October four memorandums of understanding in the fields of semiconductors, aircraft technology, telecommunications and renewable energy. Apart from the aircraft components project, they also include the construction of a local semiconductor research and development centre, which will pave the way for building an electronic chip factory expected to cost several billion US dollars.
Vucic said that the chip factory project could be completed in two years time, if all goes under plan. He added investors from the
Here is what Vucic said regarding the remaining areas in which
An expert team lead by the designer and builder of
Vucic underlined that for the launch of a project of such a scale the consensus of everyone in the country is needed, expressing readiness to discuss the plan with the opposition and any other interested parties.
The project will be developed on some 1.5 kilometres of
Vucic said that only two months after the government's partnership with
Furthermore, the company is expected to cut its loss to
Vucic said the work with the
The loans benefit from very favourable conditions with interest rates of 3% and less than 2% (not clear which interest rate for which loan was agreed) and a three-year grace period, Vucic said.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation