The partnership will leverage Siemens’ worldwide leadership in providing clinical diagnostic solutions for hospital and reference laboratories, specialty laboratories and point-of-care settings (including clinics and physician offices) to help enable diagnostics development.
“Companion diagnostics are an important enabler of targeted therapies for patients,” said
Companion diagnostic tests are clinical tests linked to a specific drug or therapy intended to assist physicians in making more informed and personalized treatment decisions for their patients. When used in the drug development process, companion diagnostics may help pharmaceutical companies improve patient selection and treatment monitoring, determine the preferred therapy dosing for patients, and establish a protocol to help maximize the treatment benefit for patients.
“Our relationship with Pfizer marks a major milestone in Siemens’ personalized medicine strategy,” commented Dr.
The Siemens Healthcare Sector is one of the world's largest suppliers to the healthcare industry and a trendsetter in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, medical information technology and hearing aids.
Contact for journalists:
Follow us on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/siemens_press
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South