More than 90 young Saudis in the
The campaign seeks to combat the harmful effects smartphone use has had on society such as an increase in the number of accidents where drivers were using their phones and the deterioration of family ties.
The coordinator of the campaign,
"We have received the support of the traffic safety committee of Saudi Aramco, the traffic police, the
According to al-Udwani, last year, mobile phone use resulted in 14,625 traffic accidents in addition to nine divorce cases where men were accused of excessively using smartphones and ignoring their families.
In the last phase of the campaign, educational stickers and gifts will be distributed to the public.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?