Information Minister Pervaiz Rasheed has reportedly claimed that Pakistan's overall situation was improving. Addressing a press conference here Sunday, Pervaiz Rasheed said the government took several measures to overcome the challenges in six months after coming into power. He said it paid Rs500 billion circular debt. He added load shedding, which was 20 hours before six month, has been deceased. Owing to the measures taken by the government, the Karachiites have breathed a sigh of relief, the information minister said. He claimed that people have acknowledged that the situation in the port city has improved. Rasheed claimed that foreign investment was increasing in Pakistan . He further said International Monetary Fund (IMF) has expressed confidence on the economic policies of Pakistan . 'We have eliminated corruption and the Transparency International has endorsed our viewpoint', he said. The minister also claimed that all the political parties were part of federal or provincial governments.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline