[Heading] Trimble shows off its latest screen [Text] Trimbleís latest TMX-2050 31cm rugged display uses an Android operating system and has a high-definition colour touchscreen display and integrated camera. The visuals and interface are said to be similar to many modern smartphones and tablets and allow operators to quickly learn how to use the unit. Map views can be quickly expanded and shrunk and application widgets are designed to meet farmersí and contractorsí needs. An all-new Field Manager view shows fields, AB lines and boundary information in one easy-to-access screen. The new Connected Farm dashboard provides a central location to view information such as weather forecasts and rainfall, commodity prices and machinery fleet management information. The Connected Farm dashboard manages data in the cloud, eliminating the need for USB storage and providing access to information from anywhere. A single power supply allows easy installation and transfer from machine to machine and an integrated GNSS receiver can use correction services offered by Trimble. The firmís CenterPoint RTX correction service gives 3.8cm pass-to-pass and repeatable accuracy while RangePoint RTX correction provides 15cm pass-to-pass accuracy with 50cm repeatability. The TMX-2050 display is expected to be available at the start of 2014. Price has yet to be announced.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'