Talking Points: ** Monday opened to a bounce in risk but restraint in general trends and volume ** The Euro avoided a stimulus run on event risk, the pound will be will try its hand with today's UK CPI ** Fear of Wednesday's Fed event hangs over the market as Taper talk threatens to revive volatility We are in the last full week of trading, and each of the majors' charts is threatening reversal. Yet, activating a market-wide risk trend is increasingly difficult. As we trade through the last full week of the year and with the market's attention turned to a FOMC rate decision lurking just a little later this week, a sense of fear is mixing with complacency. In today's Trading Video, we discuss the path of risk trends over the next 24 hours in the lead up to the Fed rate decision along with the market's second most promising (threatening?) driver: relative monetary policy.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?