Dec. 16 --An Albrightsville man trying to apply for a $1,000 loan lost $110 in a possible scam, state police in Fern Ridge said. The man was trying to apply for the loan with an unknown company when the suspect asked for a $110 application fee via a prepaid credit card, police said. After receiving the fee, the suspect hung up the phone and could not be contacted. The incident occurred at noon Thursday in Penn Forest Township . Contact the police with any information at 570-646-2271. ___ (c)2013 the Pocono Record, Stroudsburg, Pa. Visit the Pocono Record, Stroudsburg, Pa. at http://www.poconorecord.com/ Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?