A RAFT of new banking rules got the green light in the House of Lords last night. The rules introduce a licensing regime for senior bankers and erected a ringfence between banks' retail and investment arms. But lawyers said much detail still needs to be worked out. "It remains to be seen whether this will lead to increased financial stability or whether the onerous requirements will damage the competitiveness of the sector," said Alexandria Carr from Mayer Brown .
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South