What's in the banking reform bill * An "electrified" ringfence between retail and investment banks * Senior managers to be allocated specific roles at banks and held to account when things go wrong * A licensing regime requiring "certification" of individuals taking risks at banks * An offence of reckless misconduct, with which bankers can be charged if their banks go bust What's not * Reform of the Bank of England's management structure * A requirement on the governor of the Bank to expose lobbying by banks * The abolition of UK Financial Investments , which looks after the state holdings in the bailed-out banks * Compensation for whistleblowers who expose problems at their firms Jill Treanor
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'