More than 100 Hispanic TV stars and celebs are coming together to raise funds and help children with disabilities, cancer and autism under the slogan "Heroes with a Heart," during the 2nd annual Teleton USA.
Taking part in the telethon benefit are the likes of Carlos Vives, Daddy Yankee, Joey Montana, Leslie Grace, Maite Perroni, Manny Manuel, Maribel Guardia, Pee Wee and Wilmer Valderrama.
The co-host of "Despierta America," Raul Gonzalez, who will be one of the presenters of this special, promised Efe that the event will be a life-changer, not only for those receiving help but also for the viewers watching it.
"This time I'll present five stories that will leave us wanting to rethink our lives. To analyze the reason why we're living. And above all, what we're doing with our lives," he said.
The 28-hour event that is out to top the $15.2 million that it raised last year, will air live on Univision and Galavision this Friday starting at 10:00 p.m. ET.
The telethon will be presented this year as last by the legendary Mario Kreutzberger, better known as the famous "Don Francisco" of the popular program "Sabado Gigante" and founder of Teleton Chile.
It will also be presented by the co-host of "Hoy," Galilea Montijo, journalist Jorge Ramos, Mexican actress and singer Lucero, and the co-host of "Despierta America."
For Gonzalez, his participation in this event is a true mission of love.
"It's a blessing. It makes me realize the privilege of giving what I have. Helping your neighbor is the essence of life. It's the greatest joy. My profession is my passion and also a mission," the Venezuelan actor and show host told Efe.
(c) 2013 EFE News Services (U.S.) Inc.
Original headline: More than 100 Latino stars on hand for Teleton USA fundraiser
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- Samsung Launches Milk Music
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu