Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, today announced that it had helped Telecom New Zealand launch a new "Ultra Mobile" 4G LTE network that can provide speeds of up to 150 Mb/s to mobile subscribers in parts of cities
Huawei provided a convergent radio access network (RAN) technology solution for the network with an accompanying operations management platform that will provide an impressive overall speed boost for Telecom's customers. The solution is based on Huawei's SingleRAN technology which allows for easy leveraging of LTE spectrum as it becomes available.
Telecom has made access to the 4G network free for all of its current subscribers who have 4G-capable devices. The operator recognizes that the network's faster data will quickly become the "new normal" for New Zealanders who have embraced smart devices.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction