India's Finance Minister, P. Chidambaram , is unlikely to compromise on fiscal prudence, while the fiscal deficit is expected to register 3% of gross domestic product (GDP) by the fiscal year ending in March 2017 . According to P. Chidambaram , the government is likely to moderate inflation, as the central bank only has monetary policy as to control increasing food prices. The nation's fiscal deficit is projected to record 4.8% of GDP during the current fiscal year.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU
- Disney Lays Off 700 From Interactive Unit