Time Warner Cable Deportes will air an intimate interview with Cuban-born Yasiel Puig of the Los Angeles Dodgers for its "Historias Detrás Del Diamante" series.
The interview with special correspondent, Enrique Aníbal Gutiérrez, will air Friday, Dec. 13 at 8:30 p.m. (Pacific Standard).
Puig played for the Cuban national baseball team and the Cienfuegos team of the Cuban National Series before playing in the U.S. He made his MLB debut in June 2013. He is No. 66 and plays outfield.
When Gutiérrez asked Puig how he felt about other sports, he said, "I like baseball. But, if I want to enjoy myself, I'd much rather play soccer or basketball."
The "Historias Detrás Del Diamante" series has featured one-on-one interviews with Pau Gasol from the Los Angeles Lakers, and soon will air interviews with legendary and former Mexican soccer greats including, Luis Roberto Alvez, Manuel Negrete and Jared Borgetti, according to a news statement.
The series, which made its debut during Time Warner Cable Deportes' inaugural year, is an expansion of the original, one-on-one interview show, Historias Detrás Del Balón. Initially it featured profiles on Latin American soccer stars of the past and present, such as Hugo Sánchez, Andrés Guardado and from Chivas de Guadalajara, Ramón Morales.
To see a short preview of Puig's interview with Gutiérrez, click here.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy