SOFA retailer DFS blamed the hot summer weather for denting sales in its first quarter of the year but said it was confident that it would continue to outperform the market. Earnings fell by 29 per cent to £7.2m in the quarter to 26 October compared with the same time last year, whilst sales were down one per cent to £142.5m. The group opened two stores in the quarter and will open a third in Torquay before Christmas, taking its estate to 100 in the UK and Ireland .
Most Popular Stories
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- How Past Mistakes Will Drive Ukraine's Future
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California