Companies hiring drafters are turning to
"These jobs pay very well and come with excellent benefits, but we do prefer an associate degree," said Collins. "This is why we choose to look to our local community colleges to fill these positions and promote from within."
"The companies that are looking for graduates are mainly in oil and gas areas," said Cummings. "These companies build oil platforms, materials, and tools. With oil and gas production as high as it is, there are many positions available for drafters. Engineering groups hire drafters as assistants to designers and engineers."
Drafters use 2D and 3D computer-aided drafting (CAD) software to convert the designs of engineers and architects into technical drawings and plans. There are several types of drafters, including electronics, electrical, civil, architectural, instrumentation, piping, with mechanical and petro/industrial in high demand in the
Mechanical drafters prepare layouts that show details for a wide variety of machinery and mechanical devices.
For more information, visit www.sanjac.edu.
CC AutoTriage9as-131213-30FurigayJane-4577026 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law