Node-H has announced the successful high-volume launch of its residential small cell software at a number of European operators. In February of 2013 the
Small cells offload the wireless macro-cellular network and provide five bar service in the home or office. The consumer can enjoy high speed data and high definition voice calls over a normal broadband connection.
The development of small cells has taken a number of years to mature to become standards based and interoperable. The Small Cell Forum Release One was aimed at operators who have waited to deploy residential small cells until the market and technology were proven. It provides all the business case and technical detail, including recommended equipment specifications for RFPs, together with best practice from the operators which have successfully deployed femtocells in scale. Node-H has helped realize large scale deployments based upon the
“It is gratifying to see the goals we set out for the Release One being achieved so promptly,” said
Node-H and partners provide the software and hardware required for deployment of residential small cells, so that an operator can provide its customers with perfect coverage in the home for a fraction of the subsidy of a typical phone. The Node-H software solution addresses not only the protocols but also the system, security, timing synchronization, software update, provisioning, self-organization and production aspects of the small cell product. Node-H protocol and provisioning has been fully interoperability tested with multiple network vendor ecosystems, to provide a zero-touch experience for the consumer.
Demonstrations of Node-H femtocell features can be viewed at the Node-H website http://www.node-h.com/showcase.html.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/12/prweb11407503.htm
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security