Top Items on Wish Lists this Year
Extreme discounts and buy one, get one offers keep consumers coming back for more year after year on Black Friday, especially when it comes to electronics. Survey results show the top purchases on Black Friday were electronics (43 percent), clothes (42 percent), toys (28 percent) and new phones (19 percent).
Ecommerce Spikes on Black Friday
Consumers lined up outside stores again this year hoping to be among the first to get their hands on coveted Black Friday exclusive discounted items. Electronic stores (70 percent) and department stores (71 percent) were among the most popular destinations for shoppers on Black Friday. However, many shoppers (90 percent) were content to do some or all of their shopping online, hoping to avoid the long lines and potential battles that awaited them in-store.
Majority of Online Shopping Still Done on Computers, But Mobile Not Far Behind Sixty-two percent of Black Friday shoppers did their shopping online, and 33 percent shopped on mobile phones. The most used browsers were Mobile Safari (28 percent), Chrome (26 percent) and
Consumer Spending Stays Under
The majority (42 percent) of shoppers spent
Consumers Divided on
"The Black Friday survey offers an analysis of consumer experiences when it's most relevant - while the consumer is in the store," said Survey Analytics CEO
The Black Friday 2013
Keywords for this news article include: Electronics, Survey Analytics.
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction