UFC fighter Shane Del Rosario dies at 30 --> Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight Shane Del Rosario died in California nearly two weeks after suffering a heart attack, his manager said. He was 30.
Del Rosario fell into a coma after the heart attack, which was likely the result of a congenital disorder, his manager, Jason House, said doctors told his family.
He died Monday at Hoag Memorial Presbyterian Hospital in Newport Beach, Calif., the Chicago Tribune reported.
The UFC issued a statement saying it "mourns the loss" of the fighter.
"The entire organization sends its deepest condolences to Shane's family and friends," the statement said.
Del Rosario began his fighting career with Muay Thai, a combat style from Thailand, and moved his way up the professional mixed martial arts ladder, the Tribune said.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday