IF further proof were needed that smartphone photos became a dominant form of communication in 2013, it was certainly provided yesterday by the Danish PM.
Caught selfie-ing alongside
Recent digital camera statistics suggest most guests at the event were likely to be doing the same - historical data for October from the CIPA shows the number of cameras produced has plummeted from more than 14m in 2009 to just 6.3m this year. It's fallen by a third in the last year alone and looks set to continue on its downward trend as camera phones become more sophisticated; the most recent
All of which makes chipmaker CSR's decision to retreat from the sector look very sensible indeed.
It shows management's willingness to admit when something's not working, and means more resources can be devoted to industries that are actually growing. That's something for investors to smile about.
Most Popular Stories
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes