Dec. 02--It was the perfect way to ring in UAE's National Day with Dubai's biggest Bollywood concert of the year planned to coincide with the day.
"I am excited since I do very few live shows," said Deepika Padukone ahead of the show.
The show set off to a flying start with Jacqueline Fernandez setting the stage on fire with a complete dance ensemble.
Her opening act was followed by Deepika Padukone who performed on 'Titli' and followed the act with 'Battameez dil' and 'Balam Pichkari'.
Rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh had the crowd in a tizzy with his power-packed dance moves and hugely popular rap songs setting the perfect mood.
The power-packed show also featured performances by Bollywood's dancing diva Madhuri Dixit and superstar Shahrukh Khan.
Madhuri's grace was evident with her elegant moves to the tunes of 'O re piya' and 'Channe ke khet mein'. Her dance moves were cheered by an eager crowd at the Dubai Sports City Cricket Stadium.
Shahrukh Khan was the night's most awaited performer and a large crowd settled around the stage in anticipation of his entry. A complete performer, Shahrukh's surprise entry had the crowd looking for him around the stadium as he appeared on stage.
The night will go down as one of the most entertaining acts straight out of Bollywood. -firstname.lastname@example.org
(c)2013 the Khaleej Times (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
Visit the Khaleej Times (Dubai, United Arab Emirates) at www.khaleejtimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset
- Jan Brewer Out on Term Limits