This is kind of a big deal.
The folks at Disney have set a release date for "Star Wars: Episode VII," for Dec. 18, 2015.
Is it too early to request that day off?
Yes, that's a long way away, but just think how many times we can all watch the three good "Star Wars" movies to get ready for the new one.
"We're very excited to share the official 2015 release date for Star Wars: Episode VII, where it will not only anchor the popular holiday filmgoing season but also ensure our extraordinary filmmaking team has the time needed to deliver a sensational picture," said Alan Horn, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios.
This news comes two weeks or so after previous "Star Wars: Episode VII" screenwriter Michael Arndt left the project, with director J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan assuming scripting duties.
Kasdan co-wrote "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi," making him a revered figure in "Star Wars" lore. The 64-year-old scribe, who also wrote "Raiders of the Lost Ark," had been serving as a consultant on the film.
Shooting is scheduled to begin spring 2014 at Pinewood Studios.
(c)2013 Tulsa World (Tulsa, Okla.)
Visit Tulsa World (Tulsa, Okla.) at www.tulsaworld.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Original headline: BRIEF: New 'Star Wars' film is coming -- in two years
Most Popular Stories
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Peyton Manning Sets TD Passing Record
- Early Voting Begins in Texas