The Palm Beach Israeli Film Series will screen six movies fromNovember through April starting Sunday.
"The point is to show films that deal with Israeli society that aremade by Israelis to promote the Israeli film industry," saidartistic director Karen Davis, "while introducing Israeli film toaudiences here in the States."
Films will be screened at 7 p.m. Sundays at Temple Beth El, 2815 N.Flagler Drive, West Palm Beach and 1:30 p.m. Tuesdays at AlcoBoynton Cinema, 9764 S. Military Trail, Boynton Beach.
All screenings will be followed by a Q&A.
At Temple Beth El, Davis, who is the former director of the PalmBeach Jewish Film Festival, will be joined by Nir Boneh, and hiswife, Shani. The couple are beginning a two-year residency asemissaries of Israel through a collaboration between The JewishAgency for Israel and The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County.
The films are: Present Continuous (Sunday and Tuesday); Israel: AHome Movie (Dec. 8 and 10); Igor and the Crane's Journey (Jan. 12and 14); Soldier on the Roof (Feb. 9 and 22); Eagles (March 9 and11); and Cup Final (April 6 and 8).
Tickets, at $10 for evening shows and $8 for matinees, areavailable at the door one hour in advance.
For information, call 833-0339 or visit pbifs.com.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life