Starting this week, the third annual Palm Beach Israeli film seriesbegins with monthly screenings of films with Jewish themes andinterests.
The first film, "Present-Continuous," about a mother's fierce,protective love for her family, will screen Sunday at 7 p.m. atTemple Beth El in West Palm Beach and Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. at theAlco Boynton Beach Cinema. Discussions follow the films.
Artistic director Karen Davis said the films were chosen with acosmopolitan audience in mind, from international film festivals.
The other films screening in the series, with information fromDavis, include:
Dec. 8, 10: "Israel: A Home Movie." Everyone's a director and anation is the star in this intimate documentary made up of original8 and 16 mm movies from the 1930s-1970s.
Jan. 12, 14, 2014-- "Igor and the Crane's Journey."A touching dramaabout journeys fathers and sons sometimes make, with beautifulnaturalistic cinematograpy. Excellent for ages 10 and up.
Feb. 9, 11-- "Soldier on the Roof." This prize-winning documentaryfollows the lives of settlers and soldiers in Hebron over threeyears.
March 9, 11-- "Eagles." Two veterans of the War of Independence tryto reconcile the ideals of the country they helped give birth towith the nation they now see before them. An Israeli version ofClint Eastwood's "Gran Torino."
April 6, 8 -- "Cup Final." Part sharp comedy and part war drama,this classic about the 1982 Lebanese War was a milestone in thehistory of Israeli cinema.
For more information: www.pbifs.com or 561-833-0339.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy