SPRINGERS AODS will take you on an emotional musical journey in their production of Whistle Down The Wind at The Cramphorn Theatre from November 5 to 9. Based on the novel by Mary Hayley Bell and the subsequent BAFTA-nominated film starring the author's daughter, Hayley Mills, this musical version is set in the Deep South of 1950s America, and contrasts the innocence of children against the prejudices of adulthood.
The story follows 15-year-old Swallow, who discovers a mysterious man hiding in a barn. When she asks who he is, he mutters: Jesus Christ. Swallow and the town's other children believe he is the son of God and vow to protect him, but the townspeople believe him to be a fugitive and are determined to bring him to justice. Swallow is torn between fantasy and reality on her emotional journey of self- discovery. Andrew Lloyd Webber's score combines haunting love songs and explosive rock music with lyrics by acclaimed rock 'n' roll songwriter Jim Steinman, and features the chart hits No Matter What and Whistle Down The Wind.
Contact the theatre box office for tickets on 01245 606505. Don't miss it - no matter what!
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Arriola Takes Charge at SoCalGas