Director Mike Nichols is 82.
Actress Sally Field is 67.
Pop singer-musician Glenn Frey (The Eagles) is 65.
Jazz musician Arturo Sandoval is 64.
TV host Catherine Crier is 59.
Rock singer Corey Glover is 49.
Actor Ethan Hawke is 43.
Actress Thandie Newton is 41.
Model-actress Rebecca Romijn is 41.
Actress Zoe McLellan is 39.
Singer-songwriter Ben Rector is 27.
Actress Emma Stone is 25.
On Nov. 6, 1947, "Meet the Press" made its debut on NBC; the first guest was James A. Farley, former postmaster general and former Democratic National Committee Chair; the host was the show's co-creator, Martha Rountree.
In 1962, Democrat Edward M. Kennedy was elected Senator from Massachusetts.
In 1990, about one-fifth of the Universal Studios backlot in southern California was destroyed in an arson fire.
In 2003, President Bush signed an $87.5 billion package approved by Congress for Iraq and Afghanistan. Federal judges in New York and California blocked a new ban on certain late-term abortions. The U.S. Mint unveiled the new nickel.
In 2008, President-elect Barack Obama spoke by phone with nine world leaders and met privately at the FBI office in Chicago with U.S. intelligence officials, preparing to become commander in chief.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?
- Larry Flynt Won't Stop Sending Porn to Congress
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges