Nov. 07--Eight isn't enough?
With all those "X-Men" films and solo ventures, Hugh Jackman has already played the mutant Wolverine seven times. Why stop there? Director James Mangold is reportedly in talks to direct Jackman in yet another Wolverine film. Last summer's "The Wolverine" had a solid but not stellar gross of $132 million, but the worldwide take of $413 million was apparently more than enough for the studio execs. First we'll see the clawed one in "X-Men: Days of Future Past," opening May 23.
A new adventure
Remember way back when Kristen Stewart was a huge star in the "Twilight" franchise? We haven't heard much from her lately. But now comes news that she'll re-team with her "Adventureland" co-star, Jesse Eisenberg, in the action comedy "American Ultra." Eisenberg will play a small-town stoner living peacefully with his girlfriend (Stewart) until he becomes the target of a government operation. "Simply put, 'American Ultra' will be the most fun you can possibly have in a movie theater without the use of drugs, fireworks or canola oil," says producer Anthony Bregman. Yeah, but can Stewart be funny intentionally?
The big chill
The marketing execs were working overtime to come up with this product tie-in. In advance of its animated "Frozen" hitting theaters Nov. 27, Disney is teaming with Ore-Ida frozen foods for a cross-country tour promoting the movie and ... frozen hash browns and fries. Get your free potatoes and Disney crafts when the gang stops at the Gladstone Hy-Vee from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 17. See frozenfuntour.com.
Mark your calendars
Films from some high-profile directors are getting release dates from Warner Bros.:
-- Clint Eastwood's "Jersey Boys," based on the Broadway musical about Frankie Vallie and the Four Seasons, will arrive June 20, 2014. Songs to get stuck in your head: "Grease," "Big Girls Don't Cry" and "Can't Take My Eyes Off You."
-- Ben Affleck's "Live By Night," adapted from Dennis Lehane's novel about a Prohibition-era gangster, will land Dec. 25, 2015.
Sharon Hoffmann, firstname.lastname@example.org
(c)2013 The Kansas City Star (Kansas City, Mo.)
Visit The Kansas City Star (Kansas City, Mo.) at www.kansascity.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go