SANDI TOKSVIG - comedian, novelist, actor, broadcaster, show-off and international treasure brings her hit, sell-out solo tour to Cornwall this month.
Longstanding host of Radio 4's News Quiz and Excess Baggage and regular QI panellist, Sandi will be performing her uniquely witty evening of stand-up, stories and fascinating facts and also signing copies of Valentine Grey after the show.
Born in Copenhagen, Sandi began her comedy career at Girton College, Cambridge University, where she wrote and performed in the first allwoman show at the Footlights. Sandi performed at the first night of The Comedy Store in London and was part of the famous improvisational comedy team, The Comedy Store Players.
She has appeared on a variety of TV programmes including Mock the Week, QI and Have I Got News For You. Sandi is a familiar voice for BBC Radio 4 listeners, as the chair of The News Quiz, and was the main presenter of its travel programme, Excess Baggage. Sandi's playwriting credits include Bully Boy, which focused on PTSD among British servicemen and premiered at the newly built St James' Theatre in London in September 2012; a musical Big Night Out and Pocket Dream, which transferred to the West End.
Sandi as also a highly successful novelist and she is also is currently writing several commissions, both drama and comedy, for Sprout Pictures. The show is directed by award-winning theatre and television director and producer Pip Broughton. Sandi will be at the Hall For Cornwall on Tuesday at 7.30pm and tickets are Pounds 21 to Pounds 23. Call the box office on 01872 262466 or book online at www.hallforcornwall.co.uk ? Sandi Toksvig's new book, Peas & Queues: The Minefield Of Modern Manners, is a warm and hilarious guide to avoiding social embarrassment. We have five copies of the book to give away, along with some limited edition tea towels. To enter, answer this question: Which former US president said the following: Guests, like fish, start to smell after three days. Was it Bill Clinton Richard Nixon Benjamin Franklin To enter, e-mail your answer along with your full name and address to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, November 13.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go