FIDDLES and Feet: Banjos and Ballads from North Carolina and Beyond is an old-time music and dance variety show chock full of humour and skill.
It's a dynamic mix of traditional dance, song, and instrumental music from the southern Appalachian region of the United States, with a few international twists thrown in. Performed by internationally renowned percussive step dancer Ira Bernstein and virtuoso old-time musician, singer, and raconteur Riley Baugus, if you enjoyed the music and song in films such as O Brother Where Art Thou and Cold Mountain you'll love these guys (and you'll already have heard Riley because he played and sang on the Cold Mountain movie soundtrack as the voice of Pangle).
You can see the show on Thursday at 7.30pm in Marhamchurch Village Hall (07923 542242), Friday in Lelant Village Hall (07773 122129) and Saturday at 7.30pm in North Hill Village Hall (01566 782448).
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy