FIDDLES and Feet: Banjos and Ballads from North Carolina and Beyond is an old-time music and dance variety show chock full of humour and skill.
It's a dynamic mix of traditional dance, song, and instrumental music from the southern Appalachian region of the United States, with a few international twists thrown in. Performed by internationally renowned percussive step dancer Ira Bernstein and virtuoso old-time musician, singer, and raconteur Riley Baugus, if you enjoyed the music and song in films such as O Brother Where Art Thou and Cold Mountain you'll love these guys (and you'll already have heard Riley because he played and sang on the Cold Mountain movie soundtrack as the voice of Pangle).
You can see the show on Thursday at 7.30pm in Marhamchurch Village Hall (07923 542242), Friday in Lelant Village Hall (07773 122129) and Saturday at 7.30pm in North Hill Village Hall (01566 782448).
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say