Visits from mobile devices now account for 28 percent of total website traffic in Q3 2013, up 67 percent since Q3 2012, according to the Walker Sands Quarterly Mobile Traffic Report.
Walker Sands, a public relations and digital agency for technology companies and startups, found that the percentage of website traffic from mobile visits continues to increase year over year. Despite an overall increase in the amount of traffic since the same quarter last year, iPads experienced a drop in market share, down to 15.6 percent in Q3 2013 from 19.7 percent in Q3 2012.
“Device preference aside, the share of traffic coming from mobile continues to grow,” said
Mobile Browsing by Device
The study analyzed website traffic by operating system and device:
• iPhone: 31.4 percent of mobile traffic, up from 30.7 percent in the third quarter 2012
• iPad: 15.6 percent of mobile traffic, down from 19.7 percent in the third quarter 2012
• Android Phones: 41.1 percent of mobile traffic, down from 42 percent in the third quarter 2012
• Android Tablets: 3.4 percent of mobile traffic, up from 2 percent in the third quarter of 2012
In total, iOS (iPhone and iPad combined) market share for Q3 2013 was 47 percent, down 4 percent since Q3 2012 and Android total (mobile and tablet combined) market share for Q3 2012 was 44.4 percent, up less than half a percent since Q3 2012.
“Comparatively, Apple’s market share remains high, but as Android and other operating systems continue to introduce more competition in the tablet space, the iPad is starting to see a decline in its total percentage of market share,” said
For more information, visit Walker Sands’ Quarterly Mobile Traffic Report.
Discovering Your Website’s Mobile Traffic
With mobile traffic at record-high levels, it is crucial to ensure your site is mobile friendly. To determine your own mobile traffic, visit
Walker Sands Quarterly Mobile Traffic Report
The Walker Sands Quarterly Mobile Traffic Report is compiled to determine significant web trends. The report is conducted by examining web analytics data across a wide range of B2B and B2C clients in multiple industries.
About Walker Sands
Walker Sands is a full-service marketing and public relations firm specializing in media relations for technology companies ranging from startups to enterprise level. With offices in
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11296475.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs