Casa Latina and Empire BlueCross BlueShield are partnering up for the Casa Latina Home Expo to provide fun and helpful hints on balancing an active lifestyle with raising a healthy crop of kids.
Hispanic home and lifestyle brand Casa Latina's Healthy Home Campaign is designed to help busy Hispanic women provide a wholesome home environment for their families while still incorporating traditional foods and customs, according to a news release.
"The Healthy Home Campaign will provide attendees with tips for making better nutritional choices, staying active and living a healthier lifestyle for the entire family in a fun and engaging manner," Nora Diaz, co-founder of Casa Latina, said in the release.
The expo will bring together multimedia resources to assist the "Chief Health Officer" -- that would be Mom -- to raise a healthy family.
The expo will also provide information about the Affordable Care Act (ACA), better known as Obamacare, along with tips on financial management, home buying and parenting.
On the lighter side, chef Ronaldo Linares of The Food Network's "Chopped" program will show how to cook easy and healthy versions of favorite Hispanic foods.
The Casa Latina Home Expo takes place this Saturday at the Altman Building, 135 West 18th St., New York, from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Admission is free and open to the public.
For more information and sponsor opportunities, visit Casa Latina online.
Casa Latina contributed.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years