Casa Latina and Empire BlueCross BlueShield are partnering up for the Casa Latina Home Expo to provide fun and helpful hints on balancing an active lifestyle with raising a healthy crop of kids.
Hispanic home and lifestyle brand Casa Latina's Healthy Home Campaign is designed to help busy Hispanic women provide a wholesome home environment for their families while still incorporating traditional foods and customs, according to a news release.
"The Healthy Home Campaign will provide attendees with tips for making better nutritional choices, staying active and living a healthier lifestyle for the entire family in a fun and engaging manner," Nora Diaz, co-founder of Casa Latina, said in the release.
The expo will bring together multimedia resources to assist the "Chief Health Officer" -- that would be Mom -- to raise a healthy family.
The expo will also provide information about the Affordable Care Act (ACA), better known as Obamacare, along with tips on financial management, home buying and parenting.
On the lighter side, chef Ronaldo Linares of The Food Network's "Chopped" program will show how to cook easy and healthy versions of favorite Hispanic foods.
The Casa Latina Home Expo takes place this Saturday at the Altman Building, 135 West 18th St., New York, from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Admission is free and open to the public.
For more information and sponsor opportunities, visit Casa Latina online.
Casa Latina contributed.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go