With a built in solar panel, the unit requires no external power supply making it an accomplished renewable energy device. It is ideal for tracking and monitoring assets as well as other applications requiring reliable performance in harsh environment and low-touch conditions, including multi-purpose tracking: low cost tracking/monitoring device, rugged and weather proof, allowing the device to be attached to any asset in most environments; asset tracking: fitted to rental equipment, to monitor location, fuel level, running times and battery status; trailer tracking: fitted to the top of trailers to track and monitor; and schedule tracking: providing updated tracking and monitoring information in set time increments.
The G52S' solar panel keeps the internal battery charged and the unit operational, allowing regular updates from the unit even when the trailer or asset is disconnected from a vehicle. The unit's multi-axis accelerometer allows it to monitor asset movement and status, generating alerts and performing live tracking. The G52 Solar also integrates an SDI-12 interface allowing easy communication with a host of environmental sensors and is offered in 2G and 3G mobile data variants.
The unit's HE910 module is a member of
"The G52 Solar was engineered to automotive specification and can do a lot more than just track assets", said
Most Popular Stories
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October