The LCCS contract provides integrated logistics support for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar (FCR) systems equipping AH-64D and AH-64E Apache helicopters. The contract also includes support for the
This contract provides high quality logistical and technical support for our existing AH-64D units and our newly fielded AH-64E aircraft, enabling our maintainers and aircrews to meet reliability and capability requirements, said Lt. Col.
This is the first contract to provide integrated logistics support for multiple configurations of LONGBOW hardware on the AH-64D and E-model Apaches, said
For more than a decade, the LONGBOW FCR has provided Apache aircrews with automatic target detection, location, classification and prioritization. It enables rapid, multi-target engagement in all weather, over multiple terrains and through battlefield obscurants. The new LONGBOW FCR REU provides reduced size, weight, maintenance and power requirements to the radar system on AH-64E Apaches.
LONGBOW UTA is a two-way, high-bandwidth datalink that enables AH-64E Apache aircrews to receive and transmit data and control the flight paths, sensors and lasers of unmanned aircraft systems from very long ranges.
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control is a 2012 recipient of the
Most Popular Stories
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief