Contract Awarded to offer a satellite back-up solution for its Operational Systems Network (OPSnet). OPSnet is the main communications system for NWS to evaluate and spread meteorological, hydrological, satellite, and radar information that is shared with Weather Forecast Offices nationwide.
Only satellite technology offers a truly varied, back-up network path which is important to make sure emergency communications and Continuity of Operations (COOP) when tragedy strikes. Hughes looks forward to working with NWS to enhance the sturdiness and accessibility to its essential support to America.
Under the conditions of the contract, Hughes will offer an obtainable network of 63 broadband satellite terminals (VSATs) with support and assistance to include: Devoted satellite space section to deliver inroute and outroute information throughputs of 1.5Mbps; A separate, repetitive IP gateway such as web acceleration solutions and practical network monitoring; Hosting services of equipment associated with government-provided backhaul communications; Remote operational assistance for the 63 VSAT terminals on a 24/7, 365 day basis and
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts