The pace of manufacturing growth in the New York State accelerated sharply in October, the Institute of Supply Management said Monday.
The Current Business Conditions Index for the month climbed from 53.6 to 59.3, the institute said.
The index slid under 50 in June but has otherwise remained above the neutral level of 50 for the past 12 months. It peaked at 67.8 in July and hit a third-quarter low point of 53.6 in September.
The ISM said the Six-Month Outlook Index rose to 63.6 in October, a three-month high.
The upbeat expectations did little to change the Employment Index, which remained close to neutral at 50.3, the institute said.
Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: New York manufacturing shows growth in October
Most Popular Stories
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- Target Security Breach May Affect 40 Million Cardholders
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Tyson Foods Charged With Civil Rights Violation
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Bernanke Lets Congress Have It in Final Press Conference
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Wall Street Falls a Day After Surge
- Hispanic PR Firm Launches Chicago Chapter