The pace of manufacturing growth in the New York State accelerated sharply in October, the Institute of Supply Management said Monday.
The Current Business Conditions Index for the month climbed from 53.6 to 59.3, the institute said.
The index slid under 50 in June but has otherwise remained above the neutral level of 50 for the past 12 months. It peaked at 67.8 in July and hit a third-quarter low point of 53.6 in September.
The ISM said the Six-Month Outlook Index rose to 63.6 in October, a three-month high.
The upbeat expectations did little to change the Employment Index, which remained close to neutral at 50.3, the institute said.
Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: New York manufacturing shows growth in October
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English