As installed at LPC, the IDENTEC SOLUTIONS CTAS tyre management system (TMS) uses PressurePro's heavy-duty 10 Wheel Monitor to continuously capture and record tyre data, including automatic alarms for low or high pressures and temperatures. The sensors, which are fitted to the valve stem of each straddle carrier tyre, can read pressures from 10 to 199 psi, with data displayed in psi, bar or kPa. Information from the PressurePro monitors is integrated into CTAS via the straddle carriers' PLC controls and is displayed on the Fuel/Tyre dashboard of the CTAS Fleet Management software module. This allows LPC maintenance and engineering staff to remotely track, manage and analyse the performance of individual tyres and machines.
A special feature of the LPC system is a "limp home" safety mode. When a low pressure tyre is identified, CTAS sends a signal to the straddle carrier PLC to automatically restrict the speed at which the equipment can be driven. At the same time, drivers receive a "Return to workshop" message on their CTAS cabin display unit. This ensures that drivers cannot continue to operate equipment normally until the fault has been properly checked and rectified by maintenance staff.
LPC has so far installed CTAS TMS on 4 new
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief