THE government has announced plans to wholly own
The Deputy Minister,
"It is the government's intention to see the company become one of the leading communications provider in and outside the country in a near future," he said. He told workers that they should forget TTCL's poor performance in the past and urged them to work hard and bring the company to another level.
He said that the intention of the government is to ensure that TTCL performs better and competes in data and voice services in the market. He said that the government has been working hard to ensure that all previous challenges on management and workers' welfare were solved for a smooth running of the company towards better performance and desirable results.
"After building TTCL's capacity, communication services particularly mobile phones will be available in all parts of the country including rural areas," said
"Through GSM it will help our company to have mobile telephone services that use new technology of 4th Generation Long Term Evolution (4LTE) that can be used to all lines," adding that it will help the company to increase customers and compete in the market.
He said that through the National ICT Backbone Broadband (NICTBB) which is under TTCL on behalf of the government, his company is advantageous to the new technologies which are also found within the NICTBB through core and transport layers of the network.
He mentioned the company's objectives in the next three years as to improve its services with the latest technology in data and voice to its customers. He said that the company is expecting to considerably increase its customers for data and voice.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag