About 400 Hz electrical power.
115/200 VAC 400 Hz WYE power generation systems are used on most aircraft. There are a great many electrically powered systems aboard aircraft for which an external 400 Hz power source is required for testing, calibrating and repairing. Everything from radars, sensors, weapon systems, cockpit displays and communications gear, to environmental systems, galley equipment, pumps, motors and entertainment systems operate at 400 Hz.
400 Hz is used on many
Because frequencies as high as 400 Hz are not supplied by the utilities, a frequency converter is required.
About the Behlman FC5003 Frequency Converter
The Behlman FC5003 is an ultra-rugged COTS power supply designed to convert common 120/208 VAC, 3-phase, 60 Hz ground power to 115/200 VAC, 3-phase 400 Hz power used by aircraft and other vehicles, and equipment that require 400 Hz. It has a 6U (10.5” high) 19-inch rack mount chassis with an input line cord with a plug, and an output receptacle.
Installed in a vehicle or in a wheeled rack or cart, it can readily be moved as needed to service many different aircraft and systems, thereby eliminating the need to use an aircraft’s own 400 Hz generator power. In industrial and manufacturing applications it can be routinely moved close to production lines and test areas to facilitate operations.
According to Behlman President,
A data sheet for the Behlman FC5003 400 Hz Frequency Converter is immediately available at http://www.behlman.com/modifiedstd.htm#ground , along with many other Behlman frequency converters that provide 400 Hz among their multiple outputs.
For more information contact
sales @behlman.com; http://www.behlman.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11296750.htm
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill