Nov. 30--ONCE upon a time, Cinderella gave children dreams of "a happily ever after," while imparting the valuable lesson that good always triumphs over evil.
This holiday season, the simple yet well-loved tale has been brought to life once again with Resorts World Manila's (RWM) staging of Rodger and Hammerstein's Cinderella at the Newport Performing Arts Theater. The show premiered on October 18 and will run until December 29.
Playing the favorite Disney princess is singer and TV host Karylle Tatlongnhari whose renditions of such classics as "My Own Little Corner," "Ten Minutes Ago" and "Impossible: Its Possible" continue to soar.
Prince Christopher is baladeer Christian Bautista who gives heart-felt performances night after night with his captivating voice.
Directed by veteran theater actor Michael Stuart Williams, the RWM production of Cinderella has awed hundreds of viewers in the last month and a half what with its talented cast and a magical set design created by South African stage designer and director Andrew Botha.
The musical also features a supporting cast of the most noted stage performers in the country with no less than theater veteran Menchu Lauchengco-Yulo playing the role of Fairy Godmother, Pinky Marquez, Sweet Plantado, Sheila Francisco, Miguel Faustmann, Maronne Cruz, Giannina Ocampo and Red Concepcion.
Some of the most memorable scenes in the musical include the bickering stepsisters who give a dash of humor to the classic love story; and of course Cinderella's transformation from an ordinary maid to a princess
Tickets are available at all TicketWorld and TicketNet outlets, and at the RWM Box Office. For more information log on to www.rwmanila.com or call 9088833.
(c)2013 The Manila Times (Manila, Philippines)
Visit The Manila Times (Manila, Philippines) at www.manilatimes.net
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply