Hollywood's Warner Bros. Pictures says its space drama "Gravity" crossed the $500 million mark at the worldwide box office this month.
The Sandra Bullock-George Clooney flick reached the half-billion-dollar milestone Nov. 16, said Dan Fellman, the studio's president of domestic distribution, and Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, president of international distribution.
"This is an outstanding achievement for [director] Alfonso [Cuaron], Sandy and George, and the film's extraordinary team of innovative artists," Fellman said in a statement. "We congratulate all of those who brought to life a film that is not only creatively groundbreaking but also beloved by both critics and audiences worldwide."
The film is the highest-grossing movie ever worldwide for its Oscar-winning stars, Bullock and Clooney, the studio said.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- U.S. Economy Added 175,000 Jobs in February
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- Pussy Riot Members Attacked at McDonald's
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine