U.S. country music artist Carrie Underwood says she has been getting hate tweets from online critics unhappy she is starring in a "Sound of Music" remake.
"I get hate tweets and stuff like, 'You're not Julie Andrews!'" the 30-year-old singer told Entertainment Weekly. "I know I'm not Julie. Nobody is and I would never pretend that I was ... I know my place."
Underwood, Stephen Moyer, Audra McDonald, Laura Benanti and Christian Borle are to star in a live staging of the beloved musical Dec. 5 on NBC.
Andrews starred in the classic 1965 film version, alongside Christopher Plummer.
Andrews recently told interviewer Larry King about the remake: "I wish it well, that's for sure. A live broadcast, poor lady!"
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go
- Detroit Raced Toward this Week's Bankruptcy Trial
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause