U.S. country music artist Carrie Underwood says she has been getting hate tweets from online critics unhappy she is starring in a "Sound of Music" remake.
"I get hate tweets and stuff like, 'You're not Julie Andrews!'" the 30-year-old singer told Entertainment Weekly. "I know I'm not Julie. Nobody is and I would never pretend that I was ... I know my place."
Underwood, Stephen Moyer, Audra McDonald, Laura Benanti and Christian Borle are to star in a live staging of the beloved musical Dec. 5 on NBC.
Andrews starred in the classic 1965 film version, alongside Christopher Plummer.
Andrews recently told interviewer Larry King about the remake: "I wish it well, that's for sure. A live broadcast, poor lady!"
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- 'The Bachelor' Juan Pablo Picks His Love
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- U.S. Stocks Lackluster in Morning Trades
- FBI Helping Ukraine Recover Stolen Billions
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress