U.S. country music artist Carrie Underwood says she has been getting hate tweets from online critics unhappy she is starring in a "Sound of Music" remake.
"I get hate tweets and stuff like, 'You're not Julie Andrews!'" the 30-year-old singer told Entertainment Weekly. "I know I'm not Julie. Nobody is and I would never pretend that I was ... I know my place."
Underwood, Stephen Moyer, Audra McDonald, Laura Benanti and Christian Borle are to star in a live staging of the beloved musical Dec. 5 on NBC.
Andrews starred in the classic 1965 film version, alongside Christopher Plummer.
Andrews recently told interviewer Larry King about the remake: "I wish it well, that's for sure. A live broadcast, poor lady!"
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review