The popular restaurant locator app, Urbanspoon, this week released its list of Top New Restaurants of 2013, which highlights the most viewed, reviewed, and liked restaurants to open their doors this year.
The list chose cities with large populations of Hispanics, including Miami and multiple Texas cities. Urbanspoon added 46,000 new restaurants this year, and the list highlights some of the trends shaping the restaurant industry.
More and more people are choosing to frequent taverns and laid-back barbeque joints versus the fine dining route, with more than 70 percent of the list landing in the $15-and-under price range on Urbanspoon, according to a press release.
Here's a highlight of the Urbanspoon Top New Restaurants of 2013 list:
Phoenix Public Market Café
Renegade by MOD
Virtu Honest Craft
Los Angeles, California
Bludso's Bar & Que
Hinoki & The Bird
Little Beast Restaurant
San Francisco/Bay Area, California
R + D Kitchen (Yountville)
The Little Asian Kitchen
King + Duke
Howells & Hood
Milt's Barbecue for the Perplexed
New Orleans, Louisiana
Ba Chi Canteen
Cleo's Mediterranean Cuisine & Convenience
District Donuts Sliders Brew
Puritan & Company
Las Vegas, Nevada
Lulu's Bread & Breakfast
Pub 1842 by Michael Mina
New York, New York
Sarabeth's (Park Ave, Gramercy Flatiron)
Old Salt Marketplace
Tasty n Alder
John Mueller Meat Co.
New Awlins Cafe
Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
20 Feet Seafood Joint
Mot Hai Ba
Renae's Homestyle Restaurant
The Dosa Factory
The Pass and Provisions
GBD Fried Chicken and Doughnuts
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- Lilo Comes Clean on Celebrity Sex List