Nov. 26--Turkey day is Thursday. In dedication of Thanksgiving Day, here is a quiz about Thanksgiving movies and TV shows.
1. Which TV show featured an episode about a turkey giveaway in which they were thrown from a helicopter to people in a shopping center?
2. Which 1987 comedy featured two unlikely characters who become companions while one is trying to travel home for Thanksgiving?
3. Katie Holmes starred in this movie about a wayward daughter who invites her dying mother for Thanksgiving dinner.
4. Which Pauly Shore film centered on Thanksgiving dinner and the words, "Let's munch some grindage!"?
5. Which independent film featured Josh Hamilton bringing his fiancee home to meet the family at Thanksgiving?
6. Holly Hunter starred as a laid-off single mom who returns home for Thanksgiving in which film?
7. Al Pacino won an Oscar for his role in which Thanksgiving-themed film?
8. This 1982 TV movie was the third reunion show about this popular Depression-era family. Name the family and the TV movie.
Answers: 1. "WKRP in Cincinnati." 2. "Planes, Trains and Automobiles." 3. "Pieces of April." 4. "Son in Law." 5. "The House of Yes." 6. "Home for the Holidays." 7. "Scent of a Woman." 8. The Waltons, and the TV movie was "A Day for Thanks on Walton's Mountain."
(c)2013 The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.)
Visit The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.) at www.news-sentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook