Nov. 26--Turkey day is Thursday. In dedication of Thanksgiving Day, here is a quiz about Thanksgiving movies and TV shows.
1. Which TV show featured an episode about a turkey giveaway in which they were thrown from a helicopter to people in a shopping center?
2. Which 1987 comedy featured two unlikely characters who become companions while one is trying to travel home for Thanksgiving?
3. Katie Holmes starred in this movie about a wayward daughter who invites her dying mother for Thanksgiving dinner.
4. Which Pauly Shore film centered on Thanksgiving dinner and the words, "Let's munch some grindage!"?
5. Which independent film featured Josh Hamilton bringing his fiancee home to meet the family at Thanksgiving?
6. Holly Hunter starred as a laid-off single mom who returns home for Thanksgiving in which film?
7. Al Pacino won an Oscar for his role in which Thanksgiving-themed film?
8. This 1982 TV movie was the third reunion show about this popular Depression-era family. Name the family and the TV movie.
Answers: 1. "WKRP in Cincinnati." 2. "Planes, Trains and Automobiles." 3. "Pieces of April." 4. "Son in Law." 5. "The House of Yes." 6. "Home for the Holidays." 7. "Scent of a Woman." 8. The Waltons, and the TV movie was "A Day for Thanks on Walton's Mountain."
(c)2013 The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.)
Visit The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.) at www.news-sentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists