Nov. 26--Turkey day is Thursday. In dedication of Thanksgiving Day, here is a quiz about Thanksgiving movies and TV shows.
1. Which TV show featured an episode about a turkey giveaway in which they were thrown from a helicopter to people in a shopping center?
2. Which 1987 comedy featured two unlikely characters who become companions while one is trying to travel home for Thanksgiving?
3. Katie Holmes starred in this movie about a wayward daughter who invites her dying mother for Thanksgiving dinner.
4. Which Pauly Shore film centered on Thanksgiving dinner and the words, "Let's munch some grindage!"?
5. Which independent film featured Josh Hamilton bringing his fiancee home to meet the family at Thanksgiving?
6. Holly Hunter starred as a laid-off single mom who returns home for Thanksgiving in which film?
7. Al Pacino won an Oscar for his role in which Thanksgiving-themed film?
8. This 1982 TV movie was the third reunion show about this popular Depression-era family. Name the family and the TV movie.
Answers: 1. "WKRP in Cincinnati." 2. "Planes, Trains and Automobiles." 3. "Pieces of April." 4. "Son in Law." 5. "The House of Yes." 6. "Home for the Holidays." 7. "Scent of a Woman." 8. The Waltons, and the TV movie was "A Day for Thanks on Walton's Mountain."
(c)2013 The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.)
Visit The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.) at www.news-sentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006