Lapiz USA was named the U.S. Hispanic Agency of the Year and its chief creative director took home a major award at the 2013 El Ojo Awards in Buenos Aires, Argentina, earlier this month.
Lapiz's Laurence Klinger was honored as the U.S. Hispanic Creative Director of the Year for the second time in the past three years. The Chicago-based agency won seven awards during the ceremony held in early November.
The agency won for major campaigns including Gain with Oxi "Soccer", Gain with Oxi "Horror Movie", Gain with Oxi "Stains Happen" and Mujeres Latinas en Accion "Money Calendar". Lapiz also was honored in categories for each campaign in print, art direction, direct mail and design.
"This has been a year full of creative momentum at Lapiz," Klinger said in a press release. "Lapiz was the only U.S. Hispanic agency at El Ojo to win awards in every category: print, TV, radio, outdoor and direct. This outstanding performance was crowned with the title of 'Best Hispanic Agency in the U.S.' and we couldn't be more proud."
Prior to its win in Bueno Aires, Lapiz USA took top honors at Cannes, The London International Awards, Kinsale Sharks, FIAP, the Radio Mercury Awards, New York Festivals and The One Show in 2013. The El Ojo Awards is the leading advertising festival in South America.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Family Dollar Will Stick With Dollar Tree