Sosie Bacon, the daughter of Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick, has been named Miss Golden Globe, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association announced.
Bacon, 21, will help hand out statuettes at the 71st Golden Globe Awards ceremony Jan. 12.
"I've been to the Golden Globes once before and it was such fun," Bacon said in a statement Thursday. "I was about 16 years old and I went with my mother the year she won. My parents have always had such a good relationship with the HFPA and the Golden Globes, so they are very supportive of me being Miss Golden Globe. I think the HFPA is a great organization and does so much charity work, which is something I've been involved in, too. Also, I love the fact that it supports both television and film, which most award shows don't do."
"This year's honoree is also a talented actress in her own right whom I am sure we will hear and see a lot of in the future," HFPA President Theo Kingma said.
Bacon had her first acting role when she was 10 in the movie, "Loverboy," which was directed by her father. She has also appeared in four episodes of her mother's TV show, "The Closer," and last year was part of the cast of the off-Broadway rock musical, "Fiction in Photographs."
Copyright 2013 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Original headline: Kevin Bacon's, Kyra Sedgwick's daughter Sosie named Miss Golden Globe
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- myLINGO Translates Hollywood Films into Spanish
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying
- Toledo Jeep Plant Hiring Part-Timers
- OECD Forecasts Slowdown in Global Growth
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress