NEW YORK (AP) — Katie Couric's next move appears to be online.
An ABC News executive who requested anonymity because talks aren't complete said Friday that the veteran news anchor has an opportunity at Yahoo! that is too good to pass up.
Couric has been working at ABC News, but published reports have said that Yahoo! is seeking her to host an interview show to be aired on the company's website.
A spokesman for Couric declined comment on Friday.
Couric is in her second season on an ABC daytime talk show, which is not expected to be renewed.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: Couric's next move appears to be show for Yahoo
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'