Rising pop star
Selena Gomez, the latest actor-musician double-threat to hit the entertainment world, will make a stop this weekend in the suburbs. Gomez, a star of the "Wizards of Waverly Place" television show, is equally known for her acting -- she appeared in "Spring Breakers" earlier this year -- and her contemporary pop, as showcased on her latest album, "Stars Dance."
7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 22, at the Allstate Arena, 6920 N. Mannheim Road, Rosemont. Tickets start at $25. Go to .
'That's the way ...'
KC and the Sunshine Band, a group that combined rock, soul, funk and disco in such songs as "That's the Way (I Like It)" and "Shake Your Booty," will revisit those hits from yesteryear at a performance this weekend at North Central College in Naperville.
8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 23, at Pfeiffer Hall, 310 E. Benton, Naperville. Tickets start at $60. Go to .
Take a Chance
Chance the Rapper is the latest Chicago hip-hop artist to be tagged as the Next Big Thing for the local scene, largely on the strength of a free mixtape, "Acid Rap," he released earlier this year. Chance is a skilled if offbeat rapper, with a flat, nasal tone and singsong delivery. He demonstrates a wide appreciation for musical genres and styles on "Acid Rap," along with a knack for telling honest tales about life on Chicago's South Side without resorting to offensive humor or cartoonish depictions of violence. Chance has two shows coming up at the Riviera Theatre.
7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 27, and Friday, Nov. 29, at the Riviera Theatre, 4746 N. Racine Ave., Chicago. $23. Go to .
-- Matt Arado
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World