Sosie Bacon, the daughter of Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick, has been named Miss Golden Globe, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association announced.
Bacon, 21, will help hand out statuettes at the 71st Golden Globe Awards ceremony Jan. 12.
"I've been to the Golden Globes once before and it was such fun," Bacon said in a statement Thursday. "I was about 16 years old and I went with my mother the year she won. My parents have always had such a good relationship with the HFPA and the Golden Globes, so they are very supportive of me being Miss Golden Globe. I think the HFPA is a great organization and does so much charity work, which is something I've been involved in, too. Also, I love the fact that it supports both television and film, which most award shows don't do."
"This year's honoree is also a talented actress in her own right whom I am sure we will hear and see a lot of in the future," HFPA President Theo Kingma said.
Bacon had her first acting role when she was 10 in the movie, "Loverboy," which was directed by her father. She has also appeared in four episodes of her mother's TV show, "The Closer," and last year was part of the cast of the off-Broadway rock musical, "Fiction in Photographs."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Comic-Con Festival Kicks Off in San Diego
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Marco Rubio Swings Back to the Right
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Deported Honduran Families Face a Bleak Future