Sosie Bacon, the daughter of Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick, has been named Miss Golden Globe, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association announced.
Bacon, 21, will help hand out statuettes at the 71st Golden Globe Awards ceremony Jan. 12.
"I've been to the Golden Globes once before and it was such fun," Bacon said in a statement Thursday. "I was about 16 years old and I went with my mother the year she won. My parents have always had such a good relationship with the HFPA and the Golden Globes, so they are very supportive of me being Miss Golden Globe. I think the HFPA is a great organization and does so much charity work, which is something I've been involved in, too. Also, I love the fact that it supports both television and film, which most award shows don't do."
"This year's honoree is also a talented actress in her own right whom I am sure we will hear and see a lot of in the future," HFPA President Theo Kingma said.
Bacon had her first acting role when she was 10 in the movie, "Loverboy," which was directed by her father. She has also appeared in four episodes of her mother's TV show, "The Closer," and last year was part of the cast of the off-Broadway rock musical, "Fiction in Photographs."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him