Intel Corp. shares are dropping on the chipmaker's disappointing forecast for 2014.
The company, which has been struggling with the negative impact from weak PC sales, said Thursday at an analyst day that it is trying to reposition itself to sell products for a broad range of devices. But it expects its revenue for 2014 will be nearly unchanged from this year.
Based on Intel's revenue for the first nine months of the year and its forecast for the fourth quarter, it will generate revenue of roughly $52.6 billion in 2013. Analysts polled by FactSet had forecast sales of $53.65 billion for 2014.
Intel's stock is off 5.2 percent to $23.91 Friday afternoon. The Santa Clara, California-based company's shares had gained 22 percent in 2013.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval