Intel Corp. shares are dropping on the chipmaker's disappointing forecast for 2014.
The company, which has been struggling with the negative impact from weak PC sales, said Thursday at an analyst day that it is trying to reposition itself to sell products for a broad range of devices. But it expects its revenue for 2014 will be nearly unchanged from this year.
Based on Intel's revenue for the first nine months of the year and its forecast for the fourth quarter, it will generate revenue of roughly $52.6 billion in 2013. Analysts polled by FactSet had forecast sales of $53.65 billion for 2014.
Intel's stock is off 5.2 percent to $23.91 Friday afternoon. The Santa Clara, California-based company's shares had gained 22 percent in 2013.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries