ASHEVILLE, North Carolina (AP) — Evangelist Billy Graham has returned to his home in North Carolina after being hospitalized for observation and lung tests.
Dr. William R. Hathaway is chief medical officer at Mission Hospital in Asheville. Hathaway said the 95-year-old Graham was released Thursday, and that he was alert and in good spirits during his two-day stay. Hathaway said doctors are pleased with the results of Graham's evaluation.
Graham also spent two nights in the hospital for pulmonary testing last month after he had gone in for a regularly scheduled hospital visit. Graham uses a wheelchair and has been hospitalized for several health-related issues over the past few years.
On. Nov. 7, Graham celebrated his birthday surrounded by hundreds of guests including former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin and real estate mogul Donald Trump.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Original headline: US evangelist Billy Graham released from hospital
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment