Bobcat Goldthwait performs at Helium Comedy Club
We tend to remember Bobcat Goldthwait for that screechingly high- pitched warbling voice he unleashes in his stand-up routine, on TV specials and in such comedies as the "Police Academy" movies. What might surprise you, then, is how much he enjoys working behind the scenes as well. Goldthwait, the director, made his feature film directorial debut with "Shakes the Clown" and has now made six movies, including the new "Willow Creek," a found-footage horror film about the search for Big Foot.
The Syracuse native recently appeared at the Syracuse International Film Festival where he screened the film and discussed his lifelong interest in Sasquatch and in watching films about the beast. "They weren't 'Sharknado,' but they were pretty close," he joked. When he's not directing, Goldthwait still enjoys making audiences laugh. His latest Showtime special "You Don't Look the Same Either" takes on politics, his career, divorce and going broke. And he's taking his stand-up routine across the country, performing five shows at the Helium Comedy Club (30 Mississippi St.) at 8 tonight, and 7:30 and 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Tickets are $18- $27. Call 853-1211. Visit www.heliumcomedy.com/buffalo.- Toni Ruberto
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga