Bobcat Goldthwait performs at Helium Comedy Club
We tend to remember Bobcat Goldthwait for that screechingly high- pitched warbling voice he unleashes in his stand-up routine, on TV specials and in such comedies as the "Police Academy" movies. What might surprise you, then, is how much he enjoys working behind the scenes as well. Goldthwait, the director, made his feature film directorial debut with "Shakes the Clown" and has now made six movies, including the new "Willow Creek," a found-footage horror film about the search for Big Foot.
The Syracuse native recently appeared at the Syracuse International Film Festival where he screened the film and discussed his lifelong interest in Sasquatch and in watching films about the beast. "They weren't 'Sharknado,' but they were pretty close," he joked. When he's not directing, Goldthwait still enjoys making audiences laugh. His latest Showtime special "You Don't Look the Same Either" takes on politics, his career, divorce and going broke. And he's taking his stand-up routine across the country, performing five shows at the Helium Comedy Club (30 Mississippi St.) at 8 tonight, and 7:30 and 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Tickets are $18- $27. Call 853-1211. Visit www.heliumcomedy.com/buffalo.- Toni Ruberto
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Maya Angelou Cancels Milagro Gala Appearance Due to Illness
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- Goya Nutritionist Answers Demand for Healthy Hispanic Dishes
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Getty Releases Millions of Images for Free Via Embed Tool