Bobcat Goldthwait performs at Helium Comedy Club
We tend to remember Bobcat Goldthwait for that screechingly high- pitched warbling voice he unleashes in his stand-up routine, on TV specials and in such comedies as the "Police Academy" movies. What might surprise you, then, is how much he enjoys working behind the scenes as well. Goldthwait, the director, made his feature film directorial debut with "Shakes the Clown" and has now made six movies, including the new "Willow Creek," a found-footage horror film about the search for Big Foot.
The Syracuse native recently appeared at the Syracuse International Film Festival where he screened the film and discussed his lifelong interest in Sasquatch and in watching films about the beast. "They weren't 'Sharknado,' but they were pretty close," he joked. When he's not directing, Goldthwait still enjoys making audiences laugh. His latest Showtime special "You Don't Look the Same Either" takes on politics, his career, divorce and going broke. And he's taking his stand-up routine across the country, performing five shows at the Helium Comedy Club (30 Mississippi St.) at 8 tonight, and 7:30 and 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Tickets are $18- $27. Call 853-1211. Visit www.heliumcomedy.com/buffalo.- Toni Ruberto
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts